Member– Individuals, Client or Company who has paid the Studio Membership fee and has maintained current in their membership payment.
Studio Guest or Member Guest– Any person using the Checkpoint Studio facilities as a guest of the Member
- Studio User or User– Members and Guests
- Studio – Checkpoint Creative Studios Inc.
- Affiliates & Suppliers – Employees, directors, owners
- Studio Booking or Booking– A block of time reserved by the Member for the use of the Studio.
- Sessions – Predetermined amount of time to be booked. Standard studio sessions are three hours.
- Prop and Supplies – The room where we store all our props and equipment. This room is accessible to members only.
- Studio A – Cyc Wall– This studio features a valuable cyclorama wall. This is a curved infinity wall suitable for full length fashion work, video and more
- Studio B– This studio is a portrait studio. Paper and material backdrops are included.
- Studio C– This studio is a portrait studio and video studio. Green wall included.
- Studio D– This studio is for Vlog & Podcast. Sound equipment is available. Please note that we are not a “Sound Studio’, therefore there may be minimal sound incursions.
- Studio E– This studio is set up for product photography. A custom light table is included in this space.
Rental hours for our studio are normal business hours Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Evenings hours are 6:30pm-9:30pm from Monday to Friday.
Weekend hours are from 8:00am-8:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Studio availability are not guaranteed. CheckPoint Management may choose to close on holidays or any other day for any reason. In the event that the studio closes on a day a Member has a scheduled booking, CheckPoint Management will refund twice the credits (x2) used for this booking.
We will try and accommodate all Members specific requests regarding rental hours.
Usage of the studio outside of these hours may be available at an additional surcharge
Studio Memberships and Plans
- Please refer to Membership Plans for monthly fee, credits and credit usage chart. (see home page – memberships and credits sections)
- All studio rentals are based on three-hour bookings.
- Memberships can be cancelled at any time. Membership refunds will be pro-rated based on number of credits already used. Free credits are not refundable.
- All Rentals are for a single studio, not all, so please state your preference when booking.
- Platinum & Gold Members have priority booking. Bronze & Silver Members will be given the opportunity to reserve studio space once Platinum & Gold Members have chosen their studios, dates & times. Platinum & Gold members have until the last week of each month to book dates, times and studios for the following month. Bronze and Silver Members may book dates, times and studios after the 1st of each month.
- The Member’s reserved time begins promptly at the designated starting time and ends promptly at the designated ending time.
- The Member understands that they must allow time within the session for move-in, set-up, break-down, move-out and clean-up
- Any part of an hour that the Member goes over their scheduled time will result in additional credits being used from Members account.
- Plans, pricing and credit amounts subject to change at any time without notice.
- Dedicated tech support must be booked at least three weeks prior to reservation.
- Members must arrive before their guests to ensure that their guests understand how to proceed when they arrive
- All Studio Members and Guests must sign our Standard Waiver of Liability of Form prior to entering the studio. This can be done electronically before your session if you wish. Completed forms with original signatures must be handed to the studio manager before anyone enters the studio
- You may only enter the studio at the time that your session starts, and you must be out with the studio clean at the time your session ends
Bronze – Five days prior to booking without loss of credits.
Silver – Five days prior to booking without loss of credits.
Gold – Three days prior to booking without loss of credits.
Platinum – 24 hours prior to booking without loss of credits.
All studio space rentals, equipment rentals, workshops and freelance work is based on a credit system (please refer to membership packages for credit amounts and monthly membership fees). Additional credits can be purchased at any time and added to your account. If contract is cancelled for any reason, refund will be pro-rated based on number of credits already used. Credits are non-transferrable and cannot be re-sold. Please refer to our Credit Usage Chart for more information.
Credit Carry Overs
You must be an active(paid) member at the time carry over credits can be used.
- Bronze – No credit carry over
- Silver – Credits can be carried over 30 days in to following month.
- Gold – Credits can be carried over 60 days in to following month.
- Platinum – Credits can be carried over 90 days in following month.
While we are very understanding about the artistic concepts you might be shooting in your studio session, all Studio Users must nevertheless treat the studio as a public space and is not an appropriate place to shoot nudes, overtly sexual material or pornography.
Age of Models
The Member is solely responsible for verifying that all photographic subjects are of legal age and Checkpoint Studios takes no responsibility to determine or verify the age of any participants in the Member’s activities. However, Checkpoint Studios reserves the right to demand proof of parental consent if models or photographic subjects are under the age of 18 and to end those activities if Company becomes aware that legal age violations are occurring. Checkpoint Studios is not liable in the case of an invalid ID or any other form of age verification.
Checkpoint is not liable if members use copyrighted material without consent. Checkpoint may use, at its discretion, any content produced by its members for promotional purposes. Members may use the Checkpoint logo on their content during their time as members.
Studio Equipment Usage
The studio membership includes Lighting Equipment or grip gear.
If you do rent our equipment do not move lighting equipment from one studio to another without express permission
Checkpoint Studios will provide Studio Lighting Equipment in good working order, but makes no guarantees as to the equipment’s functionality or suitability to the member’s purposes.
Checkpoint Studio assumes no liability for any equipment or items brought in or left behind by the member or guest.
All items brought to the Studio by the Member are to be removed by the Member. Items left behind after 7 days will be assumed abandoned and may be discarded or kept by the Studio with no compensation due the Member, unless special permission has been granted by Checkpoint Studio.
Make sure that all equipment is put back in its assigned place at the end of your studio time.
Backdrop paper and some material backdrops are included with Studio Membership.
Consumables, Damages, and Cleaning
The studio will be presented to the Member in good, clean working order.
The Member is responsible for handing back the studio and any equipment rented, at the end of their session in the same condition
Any breakages to equipment must be reported and will be repaired or replaced at the Member’s expense
Any damages to the studio facility must be reported and will be billed to the Member’s credit card
Any cleaning that is required to be performed after a Member’s use of the studio, will be charged to the Member’s credit card. There is a minimum charge of $100 for Studio cleaning, if needed.
This includes damages to the floors due to sliding equipment across the floor, damages to drywall, Cyc floor and wall, etc.
Note: – Cyc walls need to be kept white. That includes the wall, the infinity curve and the floor. This takes effort by everyone. Do not use the cyc wall if you do not need full length shots. Keep off the cyc wall floor unless you are using it and when you do use it, use the provided painters shoe covers to prevent dirtying the floor. Wipe or mop the cyc floor after your session if needed. Cleaning or repainting of the cyc wall, if necessary, will be charged to the Member’s credit card.
Members are limited to 5 Guests that you may bring in during a Studio Reservation. However, your Guests will be restricted to the studio that you have reserved and the common reception area.
Guests are not allowed to wander into the other studio that might be being used by other Members or other Member Guests.
Studio usage is strictly for Members and their Guests only, and all must sign the Waiver of Liability before entering the studio
You are welcome to bring food and beverages into the studio. We have a small kitchen with a Microwave and Fridge. These must be kept spotless at all times for fellow Members.
No alcohol may be brought on premises for consumption.
The Studio is a NO SMOKING Facility and any transgression carries a penalty
We have a strict NO GUNS, NO FLAME, NO DRUGS, NO HOLI POWDER, NO GLITTER policy which will be strictly enforced
No hazardous, illegal, or negligent practices, activities, or substances, and Member assumes full responsibility for any transgressions
Well trained pets and animals can be brought into the studio, but the Member is responsible for any cleaning required
Be considerate and keep music and noise to a sensible level so as not to impair the enjoyment of our other members, the studio management or our adjacent tenants.
Failure to comply with our simple easy to follow terms and conditions will result in expulsion from the Studio and forfeiture of any unused Membership credits.
Digital content storage is solely the responsibility of the member. Checkpoint Creative Studios Inc., or its employees, owners or directors may not be held responsible or liable in any way for lost, corrupted or deleted data.
The Equipment Room is used for storage of Checkpoint Studios equipment and is off limits during your usage of the Studio unless otherwise stated.
Waiver of Liability
All Studio Users assume all risks of loss, damage or destruction of any and all equipment, supplies, furniture, props, artworks, or other properties in the studio spaces. Use of the Studio and equipment is entirely AT MEMBER’S OWN RISK. Studio Users shall be responsible for any personal injury or property damage to resident or third party arising out of or in connection with Studio Members and User’s use of Studio Space. Studio Users agree to make no claim against, and to indemnify and hold harmless Checkpoint Creative Studios Inc , their officers, directors and employees from any claim by Members or any third party for personal injury or property damage arising out of or in connection with Studio Member’s use of the Studio Space.
Member agrees to be solely responsible for the conduct and welfare of all Guests and Users accompanying Member while on Studio premises. Renter agrees to indemnify and hold Checkpoint Creative Studios Inc, their officers, directors and employees completely harmless from any action, legal or otherwise, that results from Member’s conduct. Studio Users, at all times, comply with all Federal, provincial and local statutes, regulations, ordinances and other laws and Checkpoint Studios rules and policy while in the studio space, and to cover Studio Members potential liability for personal injury or property damage under the terms of membership agreement and during use of Studio. This indemnification shall continue in full force and effect during and after the term of the membership for such causes arising during the term of the rental.